Sunday, May 27, 2007

San Francisco, I'm baaaaack!

Bravie's OT account of the my peep meet with her and Sharnina:
"Sanjana must be a big fan of the Bay area because he requested another trip here. This time he had a Friday night dinner with Sharnina and Bravie.
Here are the three prior to ordering their meal. See how happy they are?



Bravie and Sharnina really hit it off. I think the proof is here, where Bravie was feeding Sharnina some Lemon Chicken.



Unfortunately, this made Sanjana a bit jealous. So he decided to pout for a bit.



After the pouting was over, everybody made nice and they posed for an after dinner picture.




I'll admit that I was a little nervous about meeting Sharnina because we had not had any contact prior to our meet. We spoke on the phone for about an hour before we met for dinner which helped a lot. As soon as we met at the restaurant we hugged and immediately started to chat and it felt as if we had already known each other. The conversation flowed so easily and yes, we talked about you and you and you. *grin*
The staff really got a kick out of Sanjana. They acted as if they had never seen a two foot inflatable banana in their establishment. One of the waiters even asked if he could sign Sanjana. Sadly though, that seemed to be the most attention that Sanjana got because Sharnina (or should I say Sharnia? *giggle*, she knows what I am talking about ) and I were so involved in our conversation. We spent so much time talking that we didn't even pay attention as the staff was closing down the place. *giggle* We just continued to chat away as the staff sat for their end of the night meal.
Sharnina is just wonderful. We found out that even though we sit on different sides of the fence on many issues, that at the core, we still had a lot in common. It reinforced my belief that people, no matter their political and religious beliefs, can and do get along and can and do become friends. It's amazing how a message board and two foot inflatable banana can bring together people who would otherwise never get to know each other. I believe I have made a new friend in Sharnina and am grateful for our wonderful meet. I can't wait until we are able to get together again. Thanks for such an enjoyable night, Sharnina.
See? I didn't post the picture of you dancing on the table for dollar bills."

I feel I need to point out a couple of things. I was *not* pouting, I was listening. Besides, who could get a word in edgewise? Do you notice that no one offered to feed me? All I have in front of me is a pot of hot tea. Hot tea? I'm plastic! Bravie was trying to melt me!

But I do enjoy the Bay area, and may have to make plans for more trips to the west coast soon.

9 comments:

Puffy said...

Bananas and California sure go together well. Sanjana, did you get a fortune cookie, too? Did it say something like "you're appealing?"

Breezy said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Bravie said...

I thought I had commented here. I must be getting old and losing my mind.

Sanjana B said...

"getting old"??? Bwahahahaha! That's a good one!

Bravie said...

*flips Sanjana the bird*

Sanjana B said...

Bite me, bravie. *grin*

Anonymous said...

*snort* @ Puffy! Love the pics!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Hey, where are you these days Sanjana??

Paul said...

Hey, Sanjana:

Have you any comment about Smedley?