Sunday, May 13, 2007

More of my visit with HD, as told by HD

I spent a good portion of my day editing the first chapter of my dissertation, but that did not stop Sanjana from making himself at home at my place.

Of course, he didn't really have to entertain himself. George III was here all day, so the two of them got to hang out together.


Sanjana decided that the first thing he needed to do this morning was work off some calories. I guess that he had one too many cheesesteaks while I was at my seminar the other day. He did hit the Yuengling pretty hard too.


After he finished his workout, I caught him at a rather delicate moment in the shower. Usually just snapping the photo would have been torture enough, but he was so crabby about it that I flushed the toilet just so he could cool off for a moment.


Since he was so shy about the shower, I was surprised when he sprawled out on the rug in front of the fireplace. I really do not want to know where online he posts his special banana profile.


After he was done messing around, he went outside to enjoy the sunshine. My neighbor was working in her garden, which prompted Sanjana to help out with some of the landscaping that needs to be done in my front yard. Here he is hard at work.


Although he was willing to help out with the bushes and flowers, he absolutely refused to mow the lawn, no matter how much it needed a trim.


I took a break from working so we could eat lunch together. I would have been content to keep it fairly informal, but Sanjana insisted on eating in the dining room and breaking out the cloth napkins.


Between the food and working in the yard, he was ready for a nap in the afternoon. I just left him alone while I ran an errand over to the library.


After he woke up, he decided to catch up on his blogging. (I noticed that he cleared the history on the browser before he let me use the computer again, though he did mutter something about a unicorn website that Arkie told him about.)


Right now he is anxiously awaiting the "Survivor" finale. He has his spot in the living room all staked out. He even grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the pantry to make it bearable as Jiffy murders the English language by pretending that the word "tribal" is a noun. He's just going to be crushed if Yauman doesn't win.


Hopefully some evening this week I will have some time to take Sanjana out to see more of Baltimore instead of hanging out in Oakenshawe the whole time he is here.

4 comments:

Bravie said...

*panic* Did you skin George and place him in front of the fireplace? *gasp*
How could you skin a sheep like George after all that we have all gone through together with him.
I'm terrified right now.

Sanjana B said...

Of course it's not George, Bravie. George is a brown-face sheep, and the sheep skin I'm laying on is from a white-face sheep.

Have you seen *your* sheep lately? *evil grin*

Puffy said...

Sanjana, can you show a close up of some of the signatures?

Jen said...

I spy MM's signature. She's so friggin cute.
*swoon*