Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My adventures in Sunny Alberta with qwertypie

I visited with qwertypie in Alberta. This is her OT post (posted 11/06/07, visit was in September)



Sorry for the delay folks, I finally was able to access a computer that allowed me to save in jpg, rather than bitmap.
First off the bat, there seems to be some gender confusion about Sanjana. My 4 year old insists that "he" is a "she" and even helped Sanjana get a makeover.



The genderbending continued as Sanjana slept in a very sparkly princess bed.


And what visit would be complete without a stopover at Rockin' Raunchy Ronnies? Sanjana marvelled at how efficient this one was, they were able to get the grease to cook their fries directly from the ground!


And of course, what visit to Edmonton would be complete without a visit to West Edmonton Mall (the only thing we are famous for), the place is so huge they have 3 Mcdonalds (not to mention a hotel, movie theatres, petting zoo, ice rink, waterpark, chapel, medicentre, aquarium)


We stopped for a quick bite to eat. I guess Sanjana doesn't eat sushi (or maybe he does, I just couldn't find his mouth)


We stopped at the indoor amusement park, unfortunately, that was a huge disappointment for Sanjana because the attendant would not allow him on the merry-go-round (I guess with all of his tattoos, it made him a huge security risk.


And he was a little bit too short to go on the Mindbender roller coaster (and he sure would have loved the triple loop)


mindbender


with me


And before we lovingly packed him up to go to the west coast, we took one last look at Edmonton




My 4 year old is devastated that Sanjana had to go away. She cried and cried at the post office and still talks about her friend the banana. I was just so relieved that Sanjana survived my very active son without incident.

No comments: